- Federal court refuses to review census decision Toronto Star Oct. 6
Census doesn’t violate the Official Languages Act.
- Industry Canada queried Bernier census claims, CBC Oct. 4
Bernier’s own staff asked about his claim that he received 1,000 complaints a day. Statistics Canada responded that they got 20-30 a year.
- Census change not about complaints: Bernier, CBC Oct. 5
It’s a matter of principle.
- Language groups hit snag in census battle, Globe and Mail Oct. 5
Language commissioner doesn’t have the power to intervene in political decisions, merely how they are implemented.
- Liberals introduce mandatory-census bill, Globe and Mail Sept. 30
Bill tabled. Motion passes House with support of all opposition parties.